A major kick forward.....
Massachusetts Youth Soccer (MYS) is the only official representative of US Soccer in Massachusetts. They exist solely to promote and enhance the game of soccer for every child in the state and to encourage the healthy development of those players both on and off the field. Simply put, your kids are our business.
MYS operate a wide variety of popular player and coach development programs. They mentor town and club organizations and strive to help each organization develop their own programs and become self-sufficient in the areas of player and coach development. Their aim is not to take ownership of the organization’s player development program but rather to help set-up, organize, implement and supervise the program.
The possibilities for WYS are endless because MYS has tailored their program specifically for WYS needs. Every Player Development Program also has a Coach Education component. As they train your players, they train your coaches. WYS has decided to appoint MYS to run its player development in the fall. We don't expect to see results overnight and may take a few season of this strategy to bear fruit. So please be patient as the goal is to improve the soccer level for all kids.
1. WYS runs a recreational soccer program committed to providing boys and girls of Wrentham, MA the opportunity to learn, play and appreciate the game of soccer, as well as provide an atmosphere for children to learn sportsmanship, respect and fair play.
2. Competition should always be healthy and enjoyable for all and that well being and development of players ALWAYS take precedence over the win/loss record.
3. Place trust in the player- soccer is a player’s game. We have to place our trust in our players to make the correct decisions on game day. (It takes at least 10 years to create a player and over 10,000 hour is the accepted norm for the time it takes for anyone to become a master in their field, (It won’t happen overnight or in one season.)
Below is a basic list of what WYS expects from a WYS coach.
1. Always exemplify honesty, integrity, fair play, and sportsmanship regardless of the impact you might have on the outcome of the competition.
2. Maintain a professional demeanor in your relationship with players, parent’s referees, opposing coaches and treat them with respect and dignity.
3. Accept that you do serve as role models and there must be congruency between their actions and words. Should be an example of dignity, patience and positive spirit.
4. Strive to ensure ALL WYS players on the roster play at least half a game.
5. Players need to be rotated into different positions throughout the season with the goal to build an all-round player that knows the skills needed for each position (offence/defense/midfield). 6. Have at least 4-6 players that rotate through the goalie position throughout the season.
7. Follow BAYS Zero Tolerance and Code of Conduct
The In-Town program is for children in grades K to Second 2 and is comprised of two divisions - K Division and U8. The purpose of the In-Town program is to teach young children the basic skills of soccer in a fun, safe environment. The program consists of training sessions and games on Saturdays against other Wrentham In-Town teams. The In-Town program is only available for the fall season.
Our K Division (kindergarten only) consists of small, single gender teams focused on introducing soccer to a very young audience.
Our U8 division (1st and 2nd grade) consists of single gender teams with a mix of 1st and 2nd graders on each team.
The focus of our U8 division is to provide additional training and skill development, coupled with “small-sided” games