Wrentham Knights of Columbus.
The Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge is a competition designed for players to demonstrate the most basic soccer skill – the penalty kick. Open to all boys and girls in your community, ages 9-14, where each player will be allowed 15 shots at the goal from the penalty line (12 yards from the goal). Winners progress to the district, regional, state and international levels. It is being run on Sept 14th from 12-4 PM at the Plainville field of dreams. There is no fee for participants.
1. WYS runs a recreational soccer program committed to providing boys and girls of Wrentham, MA the opportunity to learn, play and appreciate the game of soccer, as well as provide an atmosphere for children to learn sportsmanship, respect and fair play.
2. Competition should always be healthy and enjoyable for all and that well being and development of players ALWAYS take precedence over the win/loss record.
3. Place trust in the player- soccer is a player’s game. We have to place our trust in our players to make the correct decisions on game day. (It takes at least 10 years to create a player and over 10,000 hour is the accepted norm for the time it takes for anyone to become a master in their field, (It won’t happen overnight or in one season.)
Below is a basic list of what WYS expects from a WYS coach.
1. Always exemplify honesty, integrity, fair play, and sportsmanship regardless of the impact you might have on the outcome of the competition.
2. Maintain a professional demeanor in your relationship with players, parent’s referees, opposing coaches and treat them with respect and dignity.
3. Accept that you do serve as role models and there must be congruency between their actions and words. Should be an example of dignity, patience and positive spirit.
4. Strive to ensure ALL WYS players on the roster play at least half a game.
5. Players need to be rotated into different positions throughout the season with the goal to build an all-round player that knows the skills needed for each position (offence/defense/midfield). 6. Have at least 4-6 players that rotate through the goalie position throughout the season.
7. Follow BAYS Zero Tolerance and Code of Conduct
The In-Town program is for children in grades K to Second 2 and is comprised of two divisions - K Division and U8. The purpose of the In-Town program is to teach young children the basic skills of soccer in a fun, safe environment. The program consists of training sessions and games on Saturdays against other Wrentham In-Town teams. The In-Town program is only available for the fall season.
Our K Division (kindergarten only) consists of small, single gender teams focused on introducing soccer to a very young audience.
Our U8 division (1st and 2nd grade) consists of single gender teams with a mix of 1st and 2nd graders on each team.
The focus of our U8 division is to provide additional training and skill development, coupled with “small-sided” games